Welcome to the Centre Artistique International ROY HART
Since 1974 the ROY HART CENTRE at Malérargues in the Cévennes hills of southern France has been dedicated to vocal research, and to its application in life and art. It is the centre of the international network of Roy Hart Theatre voice studies and holds workshops all year round that attract students from throughout the world. The work at the Centre is based on a history of more than 80 years of research, study and practice of the human voice without boundaries.
Workshops in Malérargues and around the world
Workshops in Malérargues are held mainly between March and November.
It is possible to stay at Malérargues in one of the gîtes, with kitchen and bathroom facilities and dormitories. This kind of residence allows time to digest and contemplate the studio work and study in the Roy Hart Theatre Archives. There are also performances, open rehearsals, social events to attend.
Workshops entitled “HUMAN VOICE” are open to all and concentrate on the fundamental elements Roy Hart Theatre voice work:
- development of vocal potential
- finding the connection between the voice and the person
- theatrical and musical improvisations
- individual work in small groups
- breathing and physical exercises to prepare the body to sing
- the art of listening to others and to oneself
- seeking the dynamic sources of sounds
Reduction of 15% on the announced price for students under 30 on presentation of their student card.