Please note all workshops outside of Malérargues are organized independently of the Centre Artistique International Roy Hart.
Grounded in solid vocal technique, infused with traditional singing styles and supported by the “extended” vocal practice of the Roy Hart Centre, this workshop explores the deep humanity and rich expressiveness of ecstatic voice and ritual lamentation practices.
Unboundaried Voice invites us into the language and expression of our “deep song”; it encompasses and celebrates the vast array of emotional and vocal colors expressed in lamentation and keening practices across the globe – from ancient Greece to the present day.
This workshop invites you to discover your personal voice of exultation, praise, and joy; of protest, resistance, and challenge; of yearning, sorrow, and grief; of devotion, hope and healing applied to story, sound or song. Raise your voice and deepen your connection to your Self, your passions, and your ability to express them artfully.
In this workshop, you will:
– explore paths to connect body, breath, and voice and to begin to release physical, vocal and emotional energy from a physically grounded, imaginatively connected place
– examine socially silenced sounds in the context of improvisations
– explore your voice both as a literal and metaphorical instrument of self-expression and empowerment
– explore techniques of vocal production employed in non-western cultures
– sing together in an atmosphere of play
Whether you use your voice as an actor, singer, public speaker, in therapeutic work, or for the pure joy of vocal expression, you will experience new pathways to investigate and express your fullest self.