This workshop of 20 days, divided in 2 intense periods (2X10 days) will be a
deepening pre-performative training towards performance, research and the present voice.
The Deepening subjects of this offer will be:
Researching the roots of voice and listening with:
• Links to Alfred Wolfsohn and the approach of the Roy Hart theatre*, in order to the
process of contemporary performative issues in connection to voice performance.
• Tools of listening connected to the teaching of Marita Günther – her interpretation of
Alfred Wolfsohn’s approach- and aspects of the invaluable experiences from Kaya
Anderson and eventually of other founder members or Roy Hart Theater.
• The depth and dimension of extended voice in range (horizontal) as well into the human
depth (vertical), based on the lecture “Momentum” S.Weins Cologne 2013
Approaching the voice in personal presence and contemporary erformance:
• Voice, impulse and development
• Colours, timbre, dimensions and flexibility of voice
• Voice in/out active body
• Voice within musical dialogues, imaginative or other inspiring processes
• Voice leading the awareness into the sources of personal creation.
• Dialog as a general source to bring human expression into an appreciative aesthetic
• The cruel and beautiful poetry of non-verbal expression and being.
Another approach to body, movement, grounding(support system), and the dimensions of
• Learning about body-mind and breathing.
• Vital breath.
• Present sound
• Full physical support
• Including the aspects of Body-Mind-Centering (BMC), F.M. Alexandertechnique and
other voice/ body Performance tools.
Receiving the magic about moment, timing and expression:
• Discovery and development of own assesses towards creating and sharing
• Presence work in space/ time / dynamics /colours / form/ flexibility
• Voice/body as performance tools.
Piano as a main instrument in the voice work, the challenges, complexity and musical support
(other musical instruments or objects.)
The participants will have a possibility to develop their own personal and artistic gesture/
voice during the whole process of the program (through observing, teaching and performative
skills). Each period Sašo Vollmaier offers 10 hours of piano training as deepening study, with
the main theme ” the approach to the voice with piano”.
*The term VOICING/TRACING has been positioned very intentionally between the two
central artistic means of expression between voice and movement. It will be developed and
supported in dialog with other artistic traces (movement, objects, space, Instruments..).
1st intensive week (body, voice, emotion)
• Theme: VOICE & BREATH, PRESENCE & SPACE
• Practical theme: listening, voice, breathing, dialogues, voice exploration Teaching piano
for voice work
• Personal theme of each participant
• Practical theme: movement, musical parameter, performance tools Teaching piano for
2nd intensive week (awareness) (4/14 April 2023)
• Theme: PERFORMANCE, UNDERSTANDING, MISUNDERSTANDING &
• Practical theme: Philosophy of non-expected situations in creation
• Teaching piano for voice work
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 300 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85