Six days of body and voice exploration, bringing together two complementary approaches : the Roy Hart Theatre approach with Pascale Ben, and the Matthias Alexander Technique with Michel Borotra.
In the 1930’s, Alfred Wolfsohn and Matthias Alexander both became deeply interested in carrying out research on voice problems, either from the point of view of the actor, or of the voice teacher working with pupils who had been through traumatic emotional experiences during the war. These two men, one Austrian and the other Australian, who never met nor worked together, independantly transmitted the results of their work and this, still to this day, helps us undo certain knots which make our voice fragile. The discoveries they made are what we modestly will pass on to you.
Movement, energy, expression : these are important elements in this exploration of the body and voice which will enable us to share moments of deep authenticity, of imaginative fantasy, without ever forgetting the sense of presence and direction : the stage and the audience.
Every morning, a movement class followed by individual approach, either in the group with Pascale, or alone with Michel, or Olivier. In the afternoon, research and exploration with the whole group.
A special thing : with Olivier Philippson, guitarist and accordionist, you will have the privilege to be accompanied on a song of your choice (if you don’t know which song to choose, we can suggest
“I listen to my voice, I encourage it, I take it head on, I have fun with it. Sometimes it surprises me, and I welcome it. All around there are other voices. Some are low, others high, some charming, powerful or moving. Together our voices form shades, universes, textures, curves, angles : creating a kaleidoscope of colours, a kaleidoscope of sound.”
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Le Mas de l’Eglise (camping à la ferme) – Corbès – 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 80 80