Directed by Margaret PIKES & Neil PARIS* (performer, dancer, teacher and director)
Margaret Pikes is a founder member of Roy Hart Theatre and co-author of the book « Owning our Voices : Vocal Discovery in the Wolfsohn-Hart Tradition » published in 2021 by Routledge.
The course is practice-based. Guided by two highly experienced and supportive teachers, participants will explore and develop their awareness of the dynamic sources of voice in the body and the imagination. The focus will be on individual voices, texts and songs, as well as group work, sounds and songs. Awakening awareness of the body as a vital space allows us to build a deeper connection with the voice, so that it can become a medium of transmission, nourished and fed by true roots in the body. Neil Paris has led workshops for many years with Margaret, and uses dance, theatre and yoga practices to explore imaginative approaches to making connections and pathways through the body to the voice. He combines playful exercises designed to free the body and stimulate the imagination with quiet, disciplined practices that connect us to our breath and our unique inner worlds. In the mornings the focus will be on individual voices. In the afternoons we will work in groups on improvisations, texts, and/or songs brought by each person. This workshop is open to participants who are interested in the Wolfsohn/Hart approach to the development of the range of vocal expression and who already have experience in vocal and/or body research and improvisation.
Please send a letter of motivation and CV with your registration form. By selection. For further information please contact Margaret : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €30 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62
Filament/ Cap Fun (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58
Lou Cantou,Les Hauts de Labahou, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 07 67 92 42 42 / email@example.com
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85