A relaxed body is a marvelous instrument from which the voice can open up and flourish in all its richness, the creative force express itself without hindrance. Our vocal and creative impulses sometimes break up against obstacles – the breath does not flow, certain notes do not come out, throat, jaws do not open … Something is missing.
Whatever the origin of these blockages, they manifest themselves in our body in the form of tensions. To undo them and recover a free (and happy!) voice and body, we will use Gerda Boyesen’s biodynamic massages, based on Wilhelm Reich’s work on the body armour. These massages act on various parts of the body that are important for our vocal work – diaphragm, back (secondary muscles of breathing), but also hands, feet, head, among others. Gentle yet powerful, they dissolve the tensions, release the blocked energy, and also free the breath, the voice, the imagination, our capacity of expression.
Mornings will be devoted to this physical preparation. In the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to explore your liberated voice individually and together.
Rowena Meenderman is Dutch. She trained at the Institute of Biodynamic Psychology in Amsterdam. She works as a massage therapist with adults, children and teenagers. She teaches massage as well as relaxation and trains nursery and primary school teachers who wish to introduce massage at school.
She is no stranger to vocal work and singing as she is also a jazz singer. She sang in a big band in Eindhoven for 4 years and in various combos in Holland and Belgium for many years.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85