Direcetd by Marianne LE TRON & Benjamin RIVERS*
In this workshop, you will learn and practice the basic elements of Playback Theatre – an approach where group’s members volunteer true stories from their own lives. Following each story, a team of actors and musicians instantly transform the teller’s account into a short, improvised enactment. We will explore and develop the skills needed for transforming true stories into enactments that are rich in artistry, attunement and effective ensemble work. Special emphasis will be given to the human voice as an essential tool of presence and a vehicle for evoking atmosphere, meaning and emotional depth in the stories we hear. No prior acting experience is required.
Playback Theatre was founded in 1975 by Jonathan Fox, Jo Salas and the original Playback Theatre company in Hudson Valley, New York. Playback is now used in over 60 countries as a way to promote community building, dialogue and collective trauma response.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €30 per year.(New tarif 2023)
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament / Cap Fun (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Lou Cantou, Les Hauts de Labahou, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 07 67 92 42 42 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85