Directed by Linda WISE, Natacha CRAWFORD*, Saso VOLLMAIER
This workshop aims primarily to liberate the creative imagination of each participant to give form to ideas, songs, and texts especially through music, theatre, or dance. Interpretation demands a stimulating synthesis of mind and body – technical control and expressive freedom. The art is the ability to discern, make choices, and accept one’s limitations when confronted by a wealth of material that may emerge during the research process.
Programme: Physical preparation and work using the space – work in small groups – improvisation – individual work on the projects brought by each participant. Please send a letter of motivation and a short CV.
I Source and Expansion:
Daily sessions begin with a progressive physical preparation based on different techniques, which encourage a free and dynamic release of the breath, voice and body : articulation of the spinal column, pelvis, rib cage, etc., as well as a fluid and imaginative relationship to the moving body in space.
II Individual Voice work in small groups.
In voice work, special attention is given to each individual’s voice in both technical and expressive work, adapting to each participant’s professional experience and needs. The aim is for each participant to discover and enrich her/his/their expressive material as well as creating a firm foundation from which to explore and create. Time will be given to exploring the lesser used colours and dynamics of the voice: timbre, textures, and their relationship with sound, singing, text, and emotion. The application of extended voice techniques will be encouraged in improvisations, as well as the flexibility, musicality, and nuance of the melodic voice.
III Preparation of material and Interpretation
The first three afternoons will be dedicated to the musical preparation of the artistic material brought by each participant: choice of tonalities, melodic line, phrasing, rhythm, styles, etc. with particular attention to the musical level of each participant. The last three afternoons will be dedicated to interpretation of the material presented. This is individual work with the support of the group bearing witness.
IV Group singing
The day will end with the whole group together in either harmonic singing or group improvisations.
Please email your letter of motivation, a short CV. and one song, composition, or text, learned by heart to Linda Wise: email@example.com at least a week before the workshop begins.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €30 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62
Filament/Cap Fun (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58
Lou Cantou, Les Hauts de Labahou, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 07 67 92 42 42 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85