Directed by Kevin Crawford, Carol Mendelsohn, Saule Ryan, with David Goldsworthy, Walli Höfinger & Orly Asody.
The Advanced Pedagogic Group offers this intensive workshop as an opportunity to engage with six teachers from the Roy Hart Theatre tradition over an extended period. Each teacher introduces their particular focus and pathway, anchored in voice work, to crafting artistic activity in a given form: theatrical, musical, vocal. It aims thus to extend our knowledge of the rich diversity these teachers offer, whilst increasing our awareness of their differences and possible contradictions. The workshop is primarily practical, exposing participants to three core teachers, who are directing the event, Carol Mendelsohn, Saule Ryan and Kevin Crawford, and three guest teachers from the Roy Hart Centre. The workshop format includes vocal and physical warm-ups, small group sessions guided towards developing vocal material, and creative ateliers. Participants will be invited to explore the artistic potential in material they bring (theatrical, vocal, musical) as well as material that will emerge spontaneously from the exchanges within the workshop. Moments of presentation allow us to fully appreciate how the material begins to take shape and form. During the workshop, several informal meetings will be proposed where teachers can speak more in depth about their particular approach and respond to questions.Video footage traces the history of some of the performances, in a wide range of styles and genres, that Roy Hart Theatre developed over the twenty years of its existence: this is complemented by video extracts from more recent works produced in collaboration with the Roy Hart Centre. Some writings by teachers and other collaborators about the creative process may be also be referenced.
Applicants should send a letter of motivation and a succinct CV to : mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. The workshop is open to APG students and voice practitioners and performers with some Roy Hart Voice experience.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85