Participants should have completed a 5 days workshop or 10 hours of individual lessons of Roy Hart voice work.
Before and beneath singing and speaking – which are often considered to be at the top of the list of human achievements – there is the phenomenon of human sounding. Sound is the layer beneath the structures of words and notes that we call ‘speech’ and ‘song’; it is the soil which actually enables the flowers of speech and song to exist. Words and notes are cultural. Sound is primal!
‘SoundingSinging’ is a seriously playful – and playfully serious – way of exploring the sounds of your voice. That means becoming aware of the many different ways the same notes and words can be sounded. We will explore the sources of human sound in our body, emotions and imagination, in group exercises and games, as well as individual work.
Imaginal explorations will focus around the topic of the ‘HumAnimal’. We will guide your search for the animal inside of yourself; travel from human to animal sounds and vice-versa; playing on the borders of different vocal textures, timbres and tempos – broken, saturated sounds and clear sounds. Wolves and dogs, cows and elephants, birds, snakes and mosquitos, sheeps and goats, monkeys and whales, will be sources of inspiration.
This active imagination work will allow us to connect to primal forces, including the Four Elements, and above all to ‘Mama/Papa’ ie ‘Mother Earth/Father Sky’. Noah and Maryline will accompany your SoundingSinging HumAnimal journeys with piano, drums, and their own voices. Some traditional chants will be proposed, like ‘Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit’.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Le Mas de l’Eglise (camping à la ferme) – Corbès – 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 80 80