The Roy Hart approach to the voice and body allows us to reconnect with ourselves. Through bodywork, breathing exercises and the pleasure of movement, we find both a deep anchor into the present moment and regain a privileged access to our own inner landscape. The voice naturally participates in this movement. Within the secure and empathic context provided by Laurent Stephan’s attentive ear, you will be able to explore the core of your artistic impulses, and let your voice express your emotions in the moment, while expanding your vocal range and territory. To sing also means being present to the world, being seen and being heard. How do we sustain an authentic connection with the others, yet without deserting ourselves? In this workshop, you will combine musical precision and freedom of interpretation through new angles of play that will allow you to gain presence and confidence. In addition to the fundamentals of the Roy Hart approach (body rooting, expansion of registers…) this workshop offers time to work on a song chosen and brought by you. You will work on this piece several times during the week with the help of Anne Polombo. A professional pianist and teacher for over 20 years, Anne has earned a State Diploma of teaching, along with many gold medals from the Conservatory of music. Passionately involved with the Roy Hart Theatre since 2013, she will support and accompany your work in close relationship with Laurent. We do require you to please send us a score of the song you wish to work on prior to the workshop. In addition to this song chosen by you, we will work on at least one polyphonic song together.
Clarify the level of the workshop: Prerequisites: Unlike other workshops at our Center where the experimental side is very present and where vocal pitch and singing in tune don’t really matter, this workshop is for participants who already know and are comfortable with their own voice. Please contact us if you have any doubts, so that we can decide together if you have the right level to feel at home and enjoy our proposals.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85