Véronique and Maryline invite you to take a step on the path of vocal improvisation – a path of self-knowledge, leading to a deeper, more authentic relationship with yourself, with others, with the world. Both are singers and improvisers and they will accompany you as you allow your inner music to be expressed through improvised singing. They will give you tools to help with instantaneous composition – be it physical, vocal, or musical – through intuitive listening, use of rhythm, intention, characters, relation to silence, contrasts, etc.
Notions like melody, unisson, counterpoint or ‘gibberish’ will be addressed. Musical inspiration will reveal itself as you open up to your breathing, to your emotions and sensory perceptions, and to the images and stories of your imagination. Times of in-depth research will alternate with playful games, leading you to explore the extended registers, resonance-spaces and various textures of your voice, to nurture your imagination.
In this space of artistic freedom, as we develop our listening, deepen our presence and savour the pleasure of sounds, mindful in the moment of what wants or needs to be said or sung, we will share our “aliveness” in the present moment and give expression to our limitless vocal potential. The workshop will include physical and vocal warm-ups, individual and group lessons, vocal exploration, meditations, improvisations. Musical instruments are welcome !
– course over 5 and a half days – stops on Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
– Tuesday to Sunday: 9H-12h30
– Tuesday Wednesday: 14h30-17h
– Thursday Friday: 14h30-18h
– Saturday: 14h30-17h30
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85