ADVANCED PEDAGOGIC GROUP
The name of the former C.A.I.R.H. Teacher Training Programme (TTG) has been changed to Advanced Pedagogic Group (APG). The contents of the programme remain essentially the same, offering a group based training over 2 to 3 years and consisting of 6 sessions of 11 days at Malérargues.
It does not automatically lead to certification as a Roy Hart Voice teacher. Rather it provides a structure where students can go deeper into their own voice work, and one which focuses on some of the main elements of voice teaching as practised today by diverse Roy Hart teachers. It is a programme of intensive studies for students who already have a substantial experience of Roy Hart voice work. A certificate of attendance can be provided at the completion of this programme.
The APG is currently led by Edda Heeg, Carol Mendelsohn and Saule Ryan as the main teachers, with different guest teachers invited to each session.
To be able to enter the programme the candidate is expected to have completed between 200 and 300 hours of group work in Roy Hart workshops and at least 10 hours of individual lessons. To apply, the candidate should send in a detailed list of workshop and lesson hours with dates and names of teachers plus a letter of motivation to Carol Mendelsohn.
For those students wishing to continue their training with the aim of becoming a certified Roy Hart Voice teacher, clear guidelines should be available soon on the Centre’s website.
Contents of the Programme :
Development of vocal potential
- Extended voice, colours of the voice
- Exploration and improvisation
- Interpretation of songs and texts
Development of body awareness through movement
- Breathing and physical exercises to prepare the body to sing
- Seeking the dynamic sources of sounds
- Presence, posture
– Theatrical and musical improvisations.
- Development of a Personal project,
- Writing/ Singing/ Performing on stage
- Giving voice classes with supervision
- The art of Listening
- The capacity of holding the space as a teacher in both individual and group classes
History of the Roy Hart voice work
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85