Directed by Agnès Dumouchel & Esther Knappe
Objective: To be attentive, in your own research as well as collectively, to those moments of emergence when movement can inspire words, voice creates an atmosphere, a song prompts a dance and a poem inspires music. This will also enrich your interpretation of texts, stories or songs.
Content: In preparation for the body, our instrument, we will engage the breath, resonant spaces, bones, movement, range, and rhythms, in order to develop a vibrant, full, and grounded voice. This work will be complemented by exercises from Qi Gong and Feldenkrais practice to feel the deep and fine musculature of the vocal act. During the vocal work we will explore timbre, travel through all the colours of our speaking and singing voices, connect to the intuition of our voice and deepen its expressive potential. In improvisations we will find ways to draw out aspects of voice that we had not necessarily previously considered. Above all, we will be listening for freedom and creative joy. We will play with archetypes, emotions, and other stimuli of the imagination. At times, the other participants will be invited to join in to support a personal impulse as a vocal, musical or verbal chorus, to bring the images to life and thus to weave a link between the individual and collective work. The beauty of polyphonic singing will allow us to feel our own voices merging with those of others while remaining fully centred, present and confident in ourselves.
Preparation : To feed your inspiration, choose and learn a text (an excerpt from a story, a poem, article, etc.) of max. 3 minutes in length, or a song that is close to your heart. Summary: body and vocal preparation, personal vocal research, free and creative improvisations, individual and group sessions.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €30 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center) Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center) Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62
Filament / Cap Fun(2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58
Lou Cantou, Les Hauts de Labahou, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 07 67 92 42 42/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85