A two-week professional, residential, workshop-festival, in two parts. You can participate in one or both weeks.
Directed by Enrique Pardo and Linda Wise, with workshops in Voice Performance, Singing and Choreographic Theatre – with a wide array of collaborators and invited artists, performers, musicians and lecturers. Full information and registration directly at: www.pantheatre.com/gb/2-MT20-gb.html
June 23 to 28 : classes in voice performance and choreographic theatre, plus preparatory cultural talks
June 30 to July 5 : laboratories, master classes, lectures and performances
The work focuses on performance: giving form to the voice. Acoustic form, corporal form, dramaturgical form. An artful voice should both move and speak to us. Gaston Bachelard wrote The Poetics of Air. For us, it would be not only the airs we sing, but also those we move in, and those we ‘put on’: performance.
Registation dates & fees 2 weeks 1 week
23 – 28 / 06 30/06 – 5/07
Donor Fee 950€ – 500€
Full Fee 750€ – 400€
Bona fide & in training 600€ – 350€
Active members 400€ – 300€
Full information and registration directly at: www.pantheatre.com/gb/2-MT20-gb.html
Theme : Superstition / A Performance Take
“Listening to the voice in speech is what thinking is all about” (Giorgio Agamben): possibly the most apt and exacting definition of the voice. Such listening (and understanding of the voice) is a sharp-eared, high-risk, keen and sagacious adventure, full of emotion and ancestral figures. And those are precisely the terms with which we want to approach a (re)definition of what superstition is, or should be.
It is now up to us to build the bridge with what Roy Hart called ‘the voice of eight octaves’, or ‘the muscle of the soul’ – and to do so with a ‘performance take’.
Superstition is possibly the riskiest and most complex theme the festival has taken on. Created in 1987 at Malérargues, the festival moved for 10 years to La Chartreuse de Villeneuve les Avignon, to then travel to New Orleans, Ireland, Granada. Themes included Dionysus, Aphrodite, Nekyia, Psyche and Eros, and many others. In 2005, it returned to Malérargues, for a series on Myths of the Voice. In 2019 it was Luck: ‘You are a shaman as long as your luck lasts’. See Festival History: www.pantheatre.com/gb/2-MT-gb.html
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85