This workshop will centre on the discovery and liberation of the voice through the music of Latin America.
What is latin soul ?
What voices do we hear in the interpretation of this music?
Why does the latin sound touch us ?
In this workshop we will try to answer these questions in a safe space of exploration. According to Annie Murath there are certain characteristics of the ‘latin voice’ that we will visit:
– protest and complaint
– sobbing, tears and wailing
– the rhythmic body
‘All this composes a symphony of lamentations and hope. A mixture of what is past and what is new. it is a voice full of soul‘ Annie Murath
‘Since my first journey to Latin America I discovered ‘latin’ music. Doubtless memories of my African childhood are strong when I hear the rhythms of Africa transformed, mixed in endless complexity with the painful history of this continent. This music does not fear to express the pain, joy, violence, sensuality of great tragedies and small tragedies lived as if they were great. We move from ‘vulgarity’ to the most delicate sentiments and poetic lyricism‘ Linda Wise
‘For me the joy of searching for the latin soul radiates from liberating the voice through the melos of this music. The balance it demands from us between technique, ideas and soul. I start from the basis that we all have a ‘latin’ soul but express it more or less according to our culture. For me this latin character is connected to the notion of ‘being a sound’ with no distance between ‘oneself’ and the sound – it is perhaps here that we find the link to what Roy Hart called incarnation ‘ Daniela Garcia Castro
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
For administrative and accounting purposes, please include the workshop code and the name of the student when making payments and in all other correspondence.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85