How we move and think and react is often influenced by habit. Though we need those habits to function in daily life, some of them stand in our way and limit us in our range of movement and possibilities to react, to think, to decide, to deal with emotions.
Unconsciously over time these habits manifest themselves in shortened muscles or in using too much effort in movements and other activities – singing for example.
Alexander Technique helps us to become conscious of those habits and to unlearn them in a gentle and mindful way, thus enabling freer movement and activity, which in turn leads to natural poise and increased vitality.
There is a slender link between Alexander Technique and Roy Hart’s concept of singing that dates back to the early 1970s.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
For administrative and accounting purposes, please include the workshop code and the name of the student when making payments and in all other correspondence.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Sourire du Sud’ (mini camping et gîtes)
Tél (+33) 06 79 99 98 85