This will be a transformative approach to voices, characters, scenes and songs from ‘The Magic Flute’ by Mozart. We propose also including some personal stories of love, endurance and achievement, that could bring extra resonance to this theme. Please learn Sarastro’s aria ‘We know no thought of vengeance here’ (aria no. 15, Edition by Boosey and Hawkes – lyrics in German and English) in your own octave. Please use this edition only and read it in its entirety. Bring your own heartfelt learning of other arias from ‘The Magic Flute’.
“My great teachers Alfred Wolfsohn and Roy Hart knew that all the main characters in ‘The Magic Flute’ are contained in each human psyche and Mozart too was deeply impressed by the serious side of this story. Our approach will evoke the joyfulness, humour and seriousness of each participant’s voice, being and mind, because within our musical approach we are daring to draw out what is hidden or cramped in all of us. With seriousness, balanced by much good humour, acting, self-moving, vocal explorations, improvisations and singing of arias from ‘The Magic Flute’, we will revel in magic! A different touch of magic will include learning one or two songs by the Beatles. ”
Kaya Anderson, Director, Creative Voice International Roy Hart
Applicants should send in their CV and photo to the CAIRH office. Sheet music will be sent by Saso Vollmaier at a later date, once applicants have been accepted to this workshop
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 300 euros for the workshop & for the accommodation in a gîte at Malérargues.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Le Mas de l’Eglise (camping à la ferme) – Corbès – 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 80 80