In this 3-week workshop participants will discover an extended vocal range and expressive power resonating in the whole body in singing, speech, recitation and story telling.
This laboratory is for those who are working towards creative vocal expression and wish to improve their ability to express themselves. It is open to professionals and students of the spoken and sung voice.
Lessons will include exercises and explorations of the voice, body and breathing, based on more than 50 years of Roy Hart Theatre experience and research as well as techniques taken from yoga, Tai Chi, Chi Gong and other vocal and physical practices with the aim to stretch both your capacity to relax and your flexibility and energy.
We aim to re-establish balance between voice, body, psychology, emotions and soul. The voice is rooted in the body and breath as much as in the psyche.
The body/voice warm-ups will prepare for singing and for researching vocal qualities and flexibility. The group sessions include explorations of new expression towards composition. Each participant will receive individual singing lessons.
Singing: There will be improvisation sessions with inspiring piano accompaniment by Saso Vollmaier and guidance towards song interpretation. Each participant is requested to brîng a song and score learnt by heart.
Text: We will explore the voices and vocal atmospherics of characters from “The Tempest” by Shakespeare. Brief extracts will be sent well before the workshop in french and in english. You are welcome to bring your own language version.
Some evenings we will meet to watch and listen to video and audio recordings so as to better understand the roots of this work and its development over the years.
The teachers invite participants to dinner on 4 September, the evening before the workshop.
As well as your online registration, please send a brief CV and photograph, addressed to the attention of Kaya Anderson
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 300 euros for the workshop & for the accommodation in a gîte at Malérargues.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Le Mas de l’Eglise (camping à la ferme) – Corbès – 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 80 80