The aim of this 2-weeks workshop is towards creation. We will work with excerpts from the Spanish baroque masterpiece ‘Life is a dream’ by Calderón de la Barca. We will also take inspiration from the theme LIFE and/or DREAM to access further material brought by the participants – songs, texts, poems, dreams etc… The creation process will begin from the first day. This workshop will include physical and vocal preparation, individual and group voice sessions, text and character work, improvisation and polyphonic songs. Participants will be asked to arrive with material that has been prepared and learnt by heart. If they play an instrument, they are very welcome to bring it. On July 20th and 21st, the evenings will be reserved for public performances at various sites within the Roy Hart Centre in Malérargues – from the Magnanerie to the outdoor theatre and other hidden spaces on the Centre’s grounds. Roy Hart teachers will be integrated into these performances, in order to enrich the artistic experience.
Please note that a place in a workshop or course is only confirmed after recept of a deposit.
- Please send the enrolment form with a deposit of 120 euros for the workshop plus the total for accommodation, if you have booked a place in a gîte at Malérargues.
- Bookings will be taken into account only when full payment has been received.
- The prices shown for the workshops, unless otherwise noted, are for the courses only: food is not provided unless also specified.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a workshop is one month before the start date of a course or workshop. We regret that no re-imbursments of deposits can be made after this date. Prior to this date, the deposit will be re-imbursed less 30 euros for administrative costs.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a workshop if there are not enough participants. In this case the deposit will be fully re-funded.
- If you are reserving by the e-mail form below, please be sure to send your deposit on the same day as you send the form. We will temporarily hold you a place for four days.
- The CAIRH being an association, all workshop participants must be members. The membership fee is €20 per year.
GUEST HOUSING AND APPARTMENTS
La Salindre / Soudorgues (8 km from the Center)
Tansen R. Mundt, Maria Bernhold, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 23 51 / www.lasalindre.eu
Le Mas de Prades / (2 km from the Center)
Patrick and Sophie Auvray, Tel. (+33) 4 66 85 09 00 / (+33) 6 20 72 28 31 (with swimming pool)
Les Jardins de Valaurie / Anduze (12 km from the Center)
Tel. (+33) 4 66 61 62 85
Gîte rural Calviac / (3 km from the Center)
Mr Jacques SOULIER Tel : (+33) 4 66 85 12 48 / 06 77 79 59 11 / e-mail
Des fées et des geste(s) / Attuech (15 km from the Center)
Clémence ALDEBERT, Claude GESTE. Tél : 04 66 60 35 20 / e-mail / www.gite-anduze-gard.fr
“Au Ruisseau de Rose’ (Chambres d’hôtes) St Jean du Gard (10 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 4 66 54 51 07 or e-mail or www.ruisseauderose.fr
La ferme ‘Le Martinet’ (Chambres d’hôtes) Thoiras (3 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 07 54 61 57 or e-mail or www.masdumartinet.fr
‘La Cure’ Gite d’étape/ Lasalle (5 km from the Center)
Tel : (+33) 6 30 47 82 62 or e-mail
Filament (2 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 20 52
La Salendrinque (Lasalle 4 km)
Tél: (+33) 4 66 85 24 57 / fax (+33) 4 66 85 41 50
Le Campement (3 km) Calviac
Tél. (+33) 4 66 85 13 58 Email : e-mail
Les Hauts de Labahou, RD907, 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 77 90 / 06 03 93 38 88
Le Mas de l’Eglise (camping à la ferme) – Corbès – 30140 Anduze
Tél : (+33) 04 66 61 80 80